||LibraryHostelN.S.S.Students’ UnionE-College Magazine (BLOG)
Silence should be strictly maintained in the Library and the students should abstain from unnecessary talking or noise while in the Library Corridor or passing through it. The Library Assistant has strict order to enforce silence in the Library and to report any willful breach of it to the authority. The members of the Teaching Staff also expected to use their authority to this effect whenever necessary.
Books may be borrowed from the library under conditions defined by the following rules, framed with a view to giving the utmost facility to the readers. The attention of the student is drawn by the following rules :
- Every students shall pay a Library Deposit at the time of admission.
- It is compulsory for every student to have a Library Card.
- A sum of Rs. 2/- will be deducted from deposit for usual wear and tear of the library at the time of leaving college.
- Students on payment of Library deposit money will be provided with a Borr5ower’s Card which will entitle them to borrow books. The Borrow Card which will entitle them to borrow books. The Borrow Card is returnable at the end of the session. But IT IS STRICTLY NON TRANSFERABLE. In case of loss, the matter should be immediately notified to the Librarian. A fee of Rs. 1/- will be charged for a fresh Borrower’s Card. Students going up for the University Examination should surrender their Borrower’s Card and obtain a Clearance Certificate from the Librarian before they are allowed to receive their University Admit Cards.
- All facilities are given for the free use of books in the Library itself.
- Books may be borrowed for reading in the Library using Reading Room Card.
- Librarian will issue weekly notice of home-issue of books for students mentioning there in the group of students and their respective date of home-issue. Requisition slip for taking books by the students for home-issue should be filled up properly and should be deposited at Library Counter within 1 p.m. The home issue of the students will be made from 12-30 p.m. to 3-15 p.m. (Subjects to alteration at the discretion of the Principal).
- Students may take out only one book at a time from the library. Member of the Teaching Staff of the College are free to take out books at a limit of 20 books. This limit can be waived by the principal. The new books of each year will be issued to the members of the Teaching Staff only after entering them into the Stock Register and to the students after classifying and cataloguing them.
- Students must hand over their Library Card to the Librarian on received of the books asked for. This card together with the original slip of application submitted by the student will be kept by the Library Assistant.
- Books must be returned by the students with in a fortnight of the date of issue. But they may be re-issued for another fortnight if they are un-required by other readers. No books can be retained for more than 15 days at a stretch. If any books is required for professors, students will be compelled to return it within 24 hours.
- Rare manuscripts, Dictionaries and other rare books of reference cannot be taken outside the Library. These books will be marked “not to be issued”.
- Any student of the college retaining a book beyond the time allowed shall pay a fine for default at the rate of Six paise per day per book. Defaulters will not be allowed to take out any book until the fine is paid.
- Second yr. and Third yr. degree students must return the Library books along with Library Card before the commencement of the College Ex-admission in the Session. They will not be declared sent-up unless the Library Books lying with them are returned.
- Before the Summer Vacation, First year students must return Library Books borrowed from the library and also the Library Card issued to them.
- At the beginning of the session, fresh Library Card will be issued to the students.
- If any students fails to return the Library Card, he/she may be fined Rs. 5/-.
- Any book lost, damaged or defaced must be replaced by the borrower. If the book be one of a set of series and the volume be not obtainable singly, the whole set or series must be replaced by the borrower’s cost should be book lost be rare or irreplaceable, the borrower must pay a fine, which will be determined by the Principal in addition to the published price of the book. In any case until the damage is made good, he/she has no right to any further use of the Library. Writing in the margin of Library Book with annotations cannot but be too strongly condemned. Should any such case come to notice and the author be discovered, such defacement of Library Books will retail the full penalties of this rule.
- The Borrower will be held responsible for the book so long as the receipt remains with the Librarian. The receipt will be given back to the reader when the book is returned to the Library.
- Books must not be passed on to the another reader. When done with, they should in the interest of the other readers be at once returned to the Library.
- All books must be returned to the Library at the end of the Collegiate year. Notice for the return of books within a specified date will be issued by the Librarian after the Annual Examination. If the books are not returned by the date specified, a fine of 0.6 paise will be incurred by the students until the book is returned. Defaulters will not be allowed to take out any book until the fine is paid.
- The Librarian will take stock of Library during the long vacation. The Library will remain closed during the period of stock-taking.
- Members of the staff (both teaching and non-teaching) may keep the books they required the long vacation, provided that these books are specially issued for the purpose during the week preceding commencement of the vacation.
- Students borrowing the book for home-use will not be allowed to return them on the same day.
- A student failing to return a book issued to him/her for the day on a day issue slip is liable to pay a fine as 0.6 paise per day. He/she shall forfeit all privileges of the Library until the fine has been paid. No day-issue will be made to the students on Saturday.
- Books are issued to all Honours students, according to the terms and conditions laid down by the Heads of different departments.
Issue of story books to the students will be restricted to once a fortnight